Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an eight-year-old Alaskan Malamute who is currently having a bit of an issue. She isn't spayed and is currently in heat. Since we took over caring for her last year, she's been through the same thing twice, and often times being in heat makes her drink more and therefore urinate more (which sometimes ends up being in the house). She's also vomited and defecated inside before, which has never really caused huge concern before as she's continued eating and drinking at the rate of any healthy dog.

Yesterday, she spent the entire day being her usual, fun self, and then last night when we went to bed, she ended up going through the routine of the aforementioned issues. After everything was cleaned up, I picked up her leash to take her for a walk, which usually makes her excited to go out. This time, for the first time, she just looked tired and drained and like she didn't want to get up. I walked her, albeit at a slower pace than usual, and she urinated fairly frequently, as dogs in heat often do. However, her slow pace of walking is still with her - she seems full of fatigue. She hasn't eaten anything since I fed her yesterday, part of which was vomited up last night, and is showing little interest in food right now. She's been drinking water, but every time she's done so, about 10 minutes later, she vomits up the water she's just drunk.

This is the first time this has ever happened before, and her abdomen looks as though she's cramping - as if she's experiencing the same cramps a human woman would while on period. She's currently laid down in the bathroom, but looks like she's too weak to even try standing up.

Any thoughts, or information, or remedies?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
A dog being on heat physiologically isn't the same as a womans period.
This doesn't sound normal at all - please go to your vets.
Yup, most of that besides the urine marking sounds abnormal for a dog in heat.

Please take her to the vet. If she's laying in your bathroom and too weak to stand, get her to a vet ASAP. Like, today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.