Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these for my guy: http://www.amazon.com/Greenies-Dental-Chews-Dogs-Regular/dp/B000KEVF32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337396630&sr=8-1&tag=27411-20

And he seems to really like it, when I wave it around him he definitely wants it, but when it's in his mouth he'll walk around with it with a whimper, and usually he'll end up hiding it somewhere like behind the couch.

When I pick it up and wave it in front of him again he again tries to eat them.

Does he just not like them, or is he trying to bury it like a bone and saving it for later?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Aidan buries a lot of things, some of which he likes and some of which he doesn't. Never food. If he doesn't like a treat, he won't eat it. Otherwise, it is down the hatch immediately.

He always retrieves hidden toys and chews (cow ears, bully sticks) because he has put them away for later use. When he hides something he dislikes, like ear cleaner, it stays hidden until I find it. He hates having his ears cleaned.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Molly "buries" her bully sticks in the couch cushions or a throw blanket when she's had enough. She's usually unsatisfied with her first few burial spots so she'll carry it around, sometimes whimpering a little, looking for her perfect hiding spot. Many years ago, I had a Shih Tzu who would take a few bits of kibble out of her bowl, carry them in her mouth to the living room, and then "dig" a hole in the carpet into which she would "bury" the kibble.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
My dog will eat a new rawhide for a few days and then she just hides them... I find one in my bed every night, been the same one for months now. Barely touched. She also shoves them between the couch cushions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts