Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi first of all,id like to introduct ourselves,im liz and we have just welcomed phoenix into our family,phoenix is a 7 month old labxspringer spaniel,hes had very little training,he sits and gives his paw,thats about it really,i dont want to go into to much detail but he was taken into kennels for 2 weeks from his owner,then picked up by a friend who kept him for 5 days,then i picked him up,so in 3 weeks he had moved 3 times,he hasnt been abused,just not had any training,we have had him for nearly 2 weeks now,in this time ive crate trained and house trained him,and also got him walking well on a halti.the problem we are having is as follows,firstly,his poos are ok in the garden,but as soon as he is taken out he gets the runs,secoundly,hes fine with adults,but as soon as i have kids in the house,he gets extremely excited,and he launches himself in the air at them,not to bite,just out of excitement,any suggestions will be gratefully received,many thanks,liz and phoenix

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Thanks for adopting!

He's a young dog with a lot of energy, little training and who's had a lot of stress recently. It'll take at least 6 weeks for him to settle in. Keep up with exercise, lots of it. For the jumping, keep a leash on him when kids are around. Teach a good sit and reward sitting when people are around. It'll take some time.

As to his poos, have you been to the vet? I'd check him for parasites if not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts