Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My name is Caitlin and I currently live in SLC Utah. I am interested in enrolling in dog training school (preferably online) and I was looking for some feedback on different ones. Is anyone familiar with The Triple Crown Academy in Hutto, TX? Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Perhaps it would help if you told us your ultimate goal(s) ...Own/run your own training center; train dogs for Search & Rescue, protection or the disabled; run a boarding kennel and training facility; travel to clients homes for one on one training, etc.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree you do not explain your situation? For example has your dog gone through basic obedience training, I ask that because the inter action between multiple dogs cannot be accomplished on line. There is no atomosphere for teaching your dog to listen to you only when there is so much distraction.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I have some friends who have gone through Triple Crown and if you'd send me some contact info (email, AIM, YIM) I can have them contact you and tell you about it.

I frankly don't think the online ones are worth the paper they're printed on. You're MUCH better off apprenticing. Pat Miller also has an apprenticeship program through Peacable Paws that gets rave reviews.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To be honest I don’t see how an online class would be very beneficial… I think you would be better of attending triple crown, and doing there 16 week program…

I start my classes on the 26th , ill let you know how everything goes… :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the programs are still very hands on, you just work with local trainers while you are studying the material and receiving your certificate. thanks for all the input. let me know how your experience at triple crown goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts