Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas about indestructible "soft" toys for dogs? These would be toys like stuffed animals.

Orchid's gone through about a million "babies" since she was a baby herself. Every time I buy from a good brand that I'm assured by a sales person won't rip up, with in three days Orchid has disemboweled the toy.

What does everyone else recommend?

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's a difficult one. Lakota goes through toys like crazy also. In my experience the Kong toys hold up the longest and anything made with that thick rubber will last just as long - there are some toys that are squishy - but tough like the Kongs.

Also I like the plush toys that come with extra squeekies - although, Lakota goes through them in seconds.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have you tried the plush toys made by Booda? Plush toys do not last long around my shepherds, but they last for quite a while with my Dachshunds. I got so tired of buying the plush toys for my shepherds that now I buy those canvas dog toys they last a lot long then the plush toys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They have a line of toys, I know Dr. Fosters carry's them among others, but its basically just the "skin" of a stuffed toy that still has squeakers and everything...there's no stuffing to pull out. My kids love them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Lorina so that it is right way for dog toys..
I just buy toys at the dollar store. Locally, our Dollar Trees have fleece Milkbone squeaky bones. Beavis isn't terribly destructive, though. The fleece tends to wear off eventually, but he likes his toys even when, maybe especially when, they're bald and gross.
Thanks For That!!!!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Have you tried the plush toys made by Booda? Plush toys do not last long around my shepherds, but they last for quite a while with my Dachshunds.
I'll have to try this, since Cupid tears apart most plush toys very, very quickly. I'd love to have some that last a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried the Go Dog baby dragon toy with my dog Baron and it was really cute but he had it opened and unstuffed within 30 minutes. I wish I could find a soft toy that would work for him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey the toy recommendations I've seen on this thread seem to be for small dogs. Judging by snowshoe's avatar - that's not her situation! My thoughts - every time you buy a plush toy, expect it to be disemboweled, but when there are rope "limbs" on toys, they tend to last a little longer for me. If I buy a plush toy, I'll buy a cheap one, or, like in the case of my dog Miles' stuffed hedgehog, it is only used for training!:) Someone said something about canvas toys - I think they do last a lot longer, but some dogs don't like them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Different toys work for different dogs. However, I have found the braided fleece tug toys to be the best choice for my large and giant breed dogs. I have a few of the fleece toys that are over two years old! They are easy to wash as they go right into the washing machine. These may be purchased ready made for a fairly reasonable price or you may try what I like to do - go to a store which sells fabric remnants and buy a few fleece remnants. Then, make your own tug toys. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas about indestructible "soft" toys for dogs? These would be toys like stuffed animals.

Orchid's gone through about a million "babies" since she was a baby herself. Every time I buy from a good brand that I'm assured by a sales person won't rip up, with in three days Orchid has disemboweled the toy.

What does everyone else recommend?
There really is no such thing as a indestructible plush/soft dog toy. The life span will always be limited with any chewer, but depending on the size of your pup Tuffy toys are Great, but if he's an aggressive chewer then maybe just try and stick with the rope toys. I love the GO Dog Toys NO STUFFING!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm having the same dilemma with my pug/jack russel cross. he likes chewing on nylabones but he gets tired of them easily, with squeeky plush toys he spends more time on. however, i find myself buying him 3 plush toys almost on a weekly basis. i bought those kong wubba things (first the one that looks like a fox then the one that's only nylon), hoping that because they're kong brand they would be tougher - i was wrong. my bruce went through them in an hour. i might just get him a rubber toy of some sort - its a lot softer than a nylabone. or a tennis ball as someone recommended. although i've heard that tennis balls are horrible for dogs (is this true?).

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
In contrast to the previous poster's experience, Sydney has not been able to harm her Kong Wubba (the smaller soft kind that says "snugga" on the side) and it's her favorite toy along with a plain old rope. She's not an aggressive chewer but she does like the rip open seams and eat the stuffing. She hasn't been able to get at the seams of this toy. It doesn't squeak though, but for us it's a good thing. Squeaky toys scare her!

Like others have mentioned about dollar stores, I get soft toys at Big Lots a lot. They're usually less than $3 and last as long as any other stuffed doy toy. They're very often name brand as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts