Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full grown male Dogo Argentino. He is very strong and I can't find a good toy for him because he tears EVERYTHING up. I got him the strongest rope you could but at PetCo and he tore it up, I got him the Kong Ultra or whatever the extra strong kong ball is and he tore it up, I buy him giant knuckles and he literally tears them up. If you guys know any toy that you have had experience with that can withstand an extremely strong dog than please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
These are pretty strong: GoughNuts although I do know of one dog that tore one up.

If he tears everything up, then I'd go mostly with things meant to be torn up. Raw meaty bones, elk antlers, cow hooves, and such. I've heard of using cow hide on a spring pole for exercise.

You can also try things like a partially deflated basketball for fetch and running around with. Not a chew toy of course, but a supervised toy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a dog that can't have nice things and I've found that antlers are an absolute life saver. They last long, don't tned to splinter, don't leave a mess, don't have any calories and keep her occupied for a long time.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Have you checked out any of the jolly ball products? They even make them for zoo animals... like lions and tigers. They're pretty tough!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jolly Balls are like crack to my shepherds, definitely one of those toys that we always have to have on hand. Pretty durable too. The Jolly Egg in particular is hard to destroy because they can't really get a good grip on them. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a full grown male Dogo Argentino. He is very strong and I can't find a good toy for him because he tears EVERYTHING up. I got him the strongest rope you could but at PetCo and he tore it up, I got him the Kong Ultra or whatever the extra strong kong ball is and he tore it up, I buy him giant knuckles and he literally tears them up. If you guys know any toy that you have had experience with that can withstand an extremely strong dog than please let me know. Thank you!
I have a giant rope toy for mine. You can also try a trailer tire. My dogo loves chewing and throwingg around the trailer tire. You can also try to get a thicker rope toy from a place that has larger ropes. Perhaps something used on boats.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I picked up the West Paw Hurley (which should be tougher than the Bumi) last weekend and its got a chunk out of it already. Still a tough toy but probably only for tug or fetch and not chewing for a Dogo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts