Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my dog for two years, we've both grown accustom to sleeping together That is until about a week ago. Josie, my dog, is fine until I actually try to sleep. Then she'll start shaking and whining, not stopping until I open my bedroom door and let her out. During the day she will sit on my bed and be fine, she is also fine once I let her back in later on in the night. But if she is with me while I'm trying to sleep? Hell on earth. The only thing I can think of thats changed is my new AC, but it runs during the day and she is fine then. I also tried letting her out to pee, but that does nothing. Can anyone help me? It's weird and very concerning.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Any sudden change in behavior, especially one accompanied by shaking and whining, warrants a vet visit. That's where I would start.

It's possible you accidentally whacked her good while asleep and she's now afraid of being near you while asleep (not your fault, but understandable), but I would go to the vet.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Does the A/C vent blow directly on your bed? Some dogs don't like that. Or... conversely, perhaps she gets too hot and feels better off the bed? Summer can be weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts