Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind the smell of my dog a few weeks after he has been bathed, but my roommate complains ALL the time. So my question is, is there something I can do to minimize the smell between baths?

That being asked, my cousin uses Vagisil powder and swears by it to get rid of "dog smell." That creeps me out a little, any thoughts on that?

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
I wouldn't put anything on my dog that wasn't intended for the purpose. I'd say Vagisil fits in that category.

Sound more like a roommate problem than a dog problem.

·
Registered
509 Posts
When I brush my dog I use the Furminator -- I also have a spray made by Furminator that helps minimize shedding and smells fantastic! I rub it through his hair and brush -- it makes his coat soft & shiny & smells great!

Use lightly twice a week:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you are feeding a crummy food it will make your dog more 'smelly'
what are you feeding?
i have 2 dogs and 2 cats that live in my home, and unless you see them wandering my home, you'd never guess they lived here ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you are feeding a crummy food it will make your dog more 'smelly'
what are you feeding?
It's not a "bad" smell per se, its just the way a dog smells. I personally have no problem with it, but my roommate has never lived with dogs, so its new for him, and I'm just trying to make it a little easier on him.

I feed him Purina One Large Breed

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dogs literally smell like nothing; if anything they smell like their shampoo, and i do not bathe more than once a month. Purina ONE is an okay food, you may be able to find something higher quality with the same, or even lower cost per feeding that will eliminate the dog smell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts