Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 month old shih tuz of my own. Today my 9 month old havanese grand dog came over and will be here for the next week. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get them to stop constantly chasing and wrestling around, I am afraid they are going to hurt each other and at this rate, it seems like it is going to be a long week!! Please help!:wave:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
What ?! And ruin their fun? I'll bet their having a blast. Should make for longer naps though.

idk, if it's that bad, I would walk them twice daily. Or you can section off an area for some "down time", if you don't have a crate handy.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
They're puppies! Puppies wrestle and chase! Chase is a super fun game to dogs.
I guess you could crate them separately, and do several walks a day. But, it really sounds like energetic puppy play!

·
Registered
85 Posts
They will probably calm down in the next day or so. When my dogs go to a different house with dogs, the first 48 hours or so seems to be constant, rambunctious play. After that, they all seem to find a groove and settle down (or maybe they are all just tired and sore...hehe).

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Everyone gave great suggestions. Walk them briskly together twice a day. And let them play! they will settle down, but they are probably having a blast. You may find your's a little depressed when the other one leaves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts