Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my Dog back from groomers he’s been acting weird .. first he seemed fine the. He got a couple places on his back near his neck that kept getting bigger and finally broke open ( blood and some stuff came out ) cleaned it up best we could took him to vet next day they said it was probably a cyst gave him some medicine to dry the area up which it helped .. but since then he has started not acting like his normal self .. he’s not running ( bouncing) around or wanting to play ( doesn’t even want a house shoe and he loves those)
Does not run to door in excitement if someone comes over , will not eat but will eat a treat if offered he does drink lots of water tho he’s been doing that for about two months now
has started shivering like he’s cold when it’s not cold
Started having trouble walking around - I’ve had to start picking him up
Does not cuddle or want anything to do with anyone
If you carry him somewhere, he will sit down and just stay there and stare away.
All he’s wanting to do is lay around and sleep

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You need to go back to the veterinarian and get a complete work up including blood draw. This behavior could be many things, most of them not related to going to the groomer and some possibly related to going to the groomer.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
Yes, this absolutely warrants a return vet visit with bloodwork. These symptoms are very concerning and could be a sign of something serious that will absolutely get worse without veterinary intervention. I hope it's not, but the only way to know for sure is a more thorough veterinary examination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ever since I got my Dog back from groomers he’s been acting weird .. first he seemed fine the. He got a couple places on his back near his neck that kept getting bigger and finally broke open ( blood and some stuff came out ) cleaned it up best we could took him to vet next day they said it was probably a cyst gave him some medicine to dry the area up which it helped .. but since then he has started not acting like his normal self .. he’s not running ( bouncing) around or wanting to play ( doesn’t even want a house shoe and he loves those)
Does not run to door in excitement if someone comes over , will not eat but will eat a treat if offered he does drink lots of water tho he’s been doing that for about two months now
has started shivering like he’s cold when it’s not cold
Started having trouble walking around - I’ve had to start picking him up
Does not cuddle or want anything to do with anyone
If you carry him somewhere, he will sit down and just stay there and stare away.
All he’s wanting to do is lay around and sleep
Ive been twice now . First time they gave me medicine for the place on his back and told me
He has chronic dry eye gave me meds for that too .. he took all but one pill for the back when all this started they said it could be from the medicine but it’s went on for 4 days now still no eating or wanting to play .. the other vet said he could be diabetic and then think it could be Lyme disease

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ive been twice now . First time they gave me medicine for the place on his back and told me
He has chronic dry eye gave me meds for that too .. he took all but one pill for the back when all this started they said it could be from the medicine but it’s went on for 4 days now still no eating or wanting to play .. the other vet said he could be diabetic and then think it could be Lyme disease
You have to go back. The only way to diagnose the issues you mention is to pay for blood work and testing.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
What kind of tests have they run? Bloodwork? With a cyst/abscess and behavior you describe I'd be very concerned that there's some kind of systemic infection, which needs to be diagnosed by a vet and treated with appropriate antibiotics. Definitely not something treatable at home or that's safe to risk seeing if the dog recovers without treatment. But there's so many other possibilities too, none of which can be confirmed without more thorough veterinary diagnostics. If your vet is declining to run tests, I urge you to find someone else who will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts