Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Have you/would you check out the vendors at a dog show?

• yes, but just to look

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi-

I am a owner of a 14 year old queensland healer, and a five year old kitty, named Squirt. As a photographer for nearly 30 years, I luv photographing my furry friends. Recently visited a dog show, and I am curious....

Can you answer this quick poll?

thanks for your time
:cool:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well, actually i don't go to any dog shows but if i did I guess i'd just check out the stuff and buy something i like.
BTW, how did you set up this poll?

·
Banned
593 Posts
I haven't been to too many dog shows............ but hope to be going to more in the future.........

I do like to look at all the vendors and if it's something I like, I will most likely buy it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It depends on what's in the stand. I can't say I buy from or even walk over to the stands each time I'm at a show but if you are doing shows every other weekend and sometimes at the same site for 4 days...it gets old fast. I do think that the people who come to watch the show always go through the stands, the exhibitors...not so much.

I shop if I need something but generally only go through the stands with useful things (like Brown's/Cherrybrook, etc.) I never walk into the stands selling froo froo things and doggy clothes, etc. and most times we all just grab what we need or what we forgot and then go back to doing what we were doing.

Not sure what your reason for asking this is....if you are checking to see if it would be worth it to get a booth at a show to sell whatever products you have....lately people that I know of have not been doing well at the shows. Booth fees have gone up and sales have gone down. Unless you are selling really good food....most of us will trek 2 miles up hill for good food!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Since I'm a vendor myself I do not often buy things. Too busy. I did chose "yes, I have purchased something" because I have bought stuff, depends on my mood, extra cast to spend or if I need something. Last show we went to I got a great deal on a collars (from someone I know) and I could always use a few more so I went ahead with it. Another time we got cash/collars for photography from the same person. I've also used the same collars before, I'd bought them elsewhere so I knew they'd be good. I also got a big piece of hide from my friend for letting them use some table space.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I always make it a point to do some shoping at eveery dog show I goo to. I like to browse all of the different vendors booths. It's vital if shows are going to suceed and have longevity they need the vendors there. Vendors pay substantial fees to the clubs to be able to sell thier stuff. They also help draw in the public to the show. The average person may pass by a show, see the crowd the tents and dogs, and think ohh it's a dog show, then continue to pass by. But if the vendors are there for passer-bys to see, they'll think ooo shoping, lets go check it out. The average JP could care less about watching dogs trot around in the ring, but if shoping is invloved they're all for it. Shoping is one of the great national past times. I've always been able to get great deals at dog shows. I even got a bunch of free shampoos from Chris Christensen and a great deal on the other products I bought from him. I try to visit the food vendors as well, but thier lively hood isn't as dependent on the dog shows.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Some of the booth fees have gotten really expensive. I was recently looking at a show where they wanted $100 a square foot per day. A 3 day show would have cost $3,000 for a 10' x 10' booth. Most rental space isn't that much but, that is a huge consideration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts