Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was at a barbeque over the weekend during which two good friends of mine described a unique product they had purchased for the dog. I did not get all of the details but apparently it is a harmless sensor that is injected into the dog that tracks how active the dog is (calories burned) and how much the dog is consuming (calories eaten). The calories are somehow broken down to give a read out of whether the dog is getting the proper nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.

I was a bit taken aback by the whole thing at first but now I am intrigued. Having a better sense of how to keep my dog healthy and fit seems like a logical thing to pursue.

I'm wondering has anyone heard of such a device and what do you think of the limited descripiton I gave above?

I know it may track other things I just did not get enough detail from my friends :(

I'm interested but am just looking for overall thoughts on how helpful somehting like this could be.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful information!

I guess I am confused about whether this device would be good for my dog.

The sensor is apparently made of bio-material so it is not harmless to the animal I just wonder if it is worth the investment.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I guess the whole premise [of this said "sensor"] seems like it'd be a really helpful tool for pet-parents that need an extra hand in helping their dog lose weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly that would be the essential premise. It would also allow owners to know if their pet was deficient in any nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. I guess I just didn't know how helpful it could be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I completely agree.

I'm thinking of getting it as a gift for one of my close friends who is absolutely in love with their puppy.

Do you think a passionate pet owner would want somehting like that?

I don't want them to think I'm hinting at anything as her puppy is in great shape. But, I know she is very conscious of his health.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts