Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was trying to find my old posts. Can't find it. Anyways, I was looking for a dog-safe weed and feed. Someone a couple years back suggest corn meal? corn gluton? They said I needed to do it before the weeds germinate. The snow is finally starting to melt so I figured I'd try it out this year.

Any other suggestions for a dog safe weed and feed? Normally, I really wouldn't care about my yard, but the weeds with the thorns came in like crazy last year and I don't want my girls to get hurt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you need to look at the weed and the feed separately.

For fertilizer, you can go with compost, fish emulsion, or sterilized manure. I just use some compost and it seems to work okay. It will not 'green up' your lawn like a high nitrogen fertilizer, but it will ensure that your lawn is doing fine.

For weeds, have you tried vinegar salt soap solution?
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-vinegar-salt-weed-killer-49329.html

It is a general herbicide (will kill anything you spray it on so you cannot apply it like weed and feed indiscriminately - it will kill your grass).

Depending on the amount of weeds you are controlling, you fill a small spray bottle or a big garden sprayer, and attack the weeds - drenching their leaves. Best done on a sunny day when no rain is expected. It can take a few applications, but it does work.

Good luck
D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for moving up the old thread, but everyone is talking about vinegar/salt solutions. I thought about buying one of the branded weed killers and just wanted to know which one is guaranteed dog free.
UPD.I've just found this list. Does anyone know which one are fine to work with the pet around?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts