Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was exposed to a puppy with ringworm a couple weeks ago, and I caught it and have been treating it for the past few days on myself. Today, I saw my dog had a raised spot on his head. I touched it and realized the hair was falling out there. I plucked all the loose hair from it so that I could apply clorahexidine antifungal cream to it (the same I've been using). I guess the hair pulling must've made it incredibly itchy, because I left him alone for literally 2 minutes and when I came back it was a bleeding, raw mess. I cleaned it up and put some antibiotic gel on it just now. I'm trying to get him a doggy cone so he can't get at it, since I'm assuming that's what happened. However, how do go I go forward treatment wise now? Can I apply the antifungal cream to an open wound? I will take him to the vet if anything worsens, but right now there is nothing threatening going on. I just don't want the ringworm to spread or make him uncomfortable. Thanks for the advice guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,441 Posts
I have used Nutri-Vet Antimicrobial Wound Spray on scratches and mangey puppies who are itchy and raw. It is also anti fungal.

I suggest asking the vet for a suggestion on an anti fungal shampoo also because ringworm spreads so easily.

Don't forget to clean rugs and furniture well also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts