Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one year old pup has always moved between my bedroom and the living room at night but recently she's started sleeping in my roommates bedroom with him and his dog. She is very much still my dog and spends most of her time actually not even listening to my roommate as she doesn't like him much. He doesnt do anything for her unless I ask him to and that is very rarely. She comes anywhere I can take her. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a cat as well who is in and out of the rooms constantly if you try and shut the door while she's in the room, she either throws herself at it until you open it or she scratches the bottom until you do....

·
Super Moderator
11,682 Posts
When my son is visiting with his two dogs, they both want to sleep in our room with our three and not in my son's room down the hall. It's like a big slumber party for them.

There is absolutely no question about their loyalty to and their affection for the people they actually live with.

And when I took my big black lab to work with me, he liked to go down the back hallway I shared with a local office for a U.S. congressman. The woman who worked there liked when he hung out in her office. Angry constituents were more polite with a 115-pound dog watching them from under her desk.

At the end of the day, he was still my dog and fiercely loyal.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree with trying a baby gate if you really don't want your dog leaving your room at night.

I am 26 and share a place with my 57 year old retired mother. All three dogs are mine and loyal to me, listen to me the best, prefer to be with me all day etc...But nights Morrison and Fae end up sleeping in her room with her. I don't mind because it means more space on the bed for me and Leia lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts