Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 weeks ago I took my dog to the vet for a routine vaccination. I mentioned to the doctor she had a lump on her left shoulder. He pinched the bump and said he wanted to take it off ASAP. $400 later the tumor was benign *and my 17 lbs French bull dog has 7 staples. She broke her elbow which resulted in 2 surgeries and also has been fixed; never have I seen the skin pulled together so tight and misshapen but then again I had never seen staples. I brought her in 7 days later to have the staples removed, they said to wait longer. So a total of 14 days later all of her staples have been removed. That was a little over a week ago and I am still not happy with the site of the incision. The skin looks folded over and like there's a pocket in it. I feel like they did a botch job on my baby. There is also some kind of red bump that has appeared. If anyone can comment tell me this looks normal I would feel better. But I'm defiantly going back to the vet but I want to make sure it's not just my opinion. *

·
Banned
1,767 Posts
I'd imagine the wound was more than just a cut for removing a tumor so maybe they had to pull the skin tight to close the wound. From the picture it almost looks like they didn't close the wound completely or it pulled itself open. When I had my head stapled for a skateboarding accident, I don't think it looked like that. Granted it was the back of my head so I couldn't get a great look at it. I also had to return a week later than the original "staple removal day" since it hadn't healed enough for the stapled to be removed easily yet. So that at least I can say isn't a big deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts