Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?d like to first start off with my dog did go to the emergency vet last night and they did perform an x-ray on the full digestive system (mouth to rear). They found nothing.

So I?m probably being super paranoid but I misplaced a 2 inch safety pin. It had been on my dog?s sweater (should have fixed it) most the day. I thought I saw it on her when I went to go use the bathroom. I was away for 5 minutes and it disappeared. Looked for 10 minutes in the bedding and rushed her an emergency vet. She doesn?t have a history of eating weird things. She sticks to chewing on toys and food. One expensive bill later and no safety pin found in her system per the x-rays.

It?s really bugging me because I have combed my house yesterday and today and this thing is gone. My only thought is it fell off outside and I?ll just have to use a magnet to find it. The other negative thought is that it?s in her and didn?t show up on x-ray...but it?s a large safety pin. Ugh!! I?m so awful. I should have fixed the sweater.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
If it was in her, it would have showed up. Most likely it just fell off and is lost forever, or it will turn up when you're not at all looking for it.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Most likely it just fell off and is lost forever, or it will turn up when you're not at all looking for it.
I agree. I was sure one time that Pepper ate my tweezers. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them and was pretty worried she had eaten them. A few weeks later I found them under the cabinet. She had grabbed them, but just lost them under furniture instead of eating them.

When I was a teenager our family chocolate lab got into some sewing pins and had them (and pieces of them) scattered all over the floor. The vet didn't do an x-ray, just said keep an eye on the dog's stools to see if any come out. We never found any in her stools, but I'm sure she must have swallowed some. Looking back I'm not sure how good that vet was ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts