Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Walker dog, he's about 8-10 years old. He's a hunting dog. We have him out in the kennel. He's never pooped/peed in his box til the last month or two. It was gradual at first but now it's all the time. Well, he doesn't always pee in it - I've seen him pee outside his box but he does poop in there all the time now.

Why would he be starting this now?

I'm going to call the vet but I wanted to get some opinions before hand. He has Lyme's disease.... I don't know if it has anything to do with that or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he is getting kind of old.... well just older :(
I don't think it's that he can't hold it in anymore though - only b/c I've seen him out in his kennel and then walk into his box to poop and then walk back out. It's bizarre to me.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah he is getting kind of old.... well just older :(
I don't think it's that he can't hold it in anymore though - only b/c I've seen him out in his kennel and then walk into his box to poop and then walk back out. It's bizarre to me.
Well, that is a mystery.

I've always believed that dogs never did anything out spite, but with a smart dog like that, maybe he's trying to send you a message.......... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.