Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people in this forum would like to stop picking up dog poop?
If a new product came on market that will stop you from picking up your dog poop would you buy it?

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
I hope you're not planning on spamming dogforums.

Please read the forum rules carefully before you do that.

Yes, I like picking up dog poop, as long as it's my dog. It gives me a quick measurement of many aspects of their general health. It also tells me if they have been eating things they shouldn't be (like a sofa.)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Lol, I have a great product that keeps me from ever having to pick up dog poop again...it's called kids...I give them each a dollar on the weekends and send them out with a grocery bag...sometimes I make it into a contest and whoever gets the most poop gets an extra dollar. :p

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
In fairness, though, kids can be expensive to maintain and repair and - eventually - they ask for the car keys.

I was picking up after my black lab when I found a huge sewing needle in his stool. I kept a pretty close eye on him for a while after that, but he suffered no apparent ill effects.

If you or I swallowed a big sewing needle, I think we'd suffer some ill effects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope you're not planning on spamming dogforums.

Please read the forum rules carefully before you do that.

Yes, I like picking up dog poop, as long as it's my dog. It gives me a quick measurement of many aspects of their general health. It also tells me if they have been eating things they shouldn't be (like a sofa.)

I'm just asking a question, is asking a question spamming? We are here to ask question, are we breaking the law by asking?

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
I'm just asking a question, is asking a question spamming? We are here to ask question, are we breaking the law by asking?
I thought my first response was pretty clear.

No, you haven't broken any rules. If you had, you'd already be gone. I was trying to help you avoid that.

I hope the responses you've received so far help you with your market research.

·
Registered
223 Posts
wow. Do you need to ask the first question.... really.
As for a product to keep me from picking up poop, I can't imagine anything that could be invented that would help, I still have to carry this poop while I walk until I find a garbage can... which can be an easy 1/2 hour 45 minutes depending on where Taylor does his business. And if it's something long or awkward that I have to carry then it's more inconvenient then holding a bag of do-do. And is it something that I have to rinse to keep from getting dirty or smelly?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
For me, it's pretty easy to pick up. I have a scooper for yard pick up, but when I'm out and about, I use a bag to pick it up and it's just fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
I'd say, for most serious dog-owners, picking up after them is the least of our worries. Most of us have plastic bags in the pockets of every jacket we own, and maybe a couple more tied to the leash.

And most of us have tried, at some time or another, some kind of gadget to make it "easier." Anything you have to carry around on walks is going to complicate the process and identify you, from 100 yards away, as a novice dog-owner.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It also tells me if they have been eating things they shouldn't be (like a sofa.)
ROFL do you feed them footstools for dessert too? :p

I've yet to see any sort of product that makespicking up after our dogs any easier than using a baggie. Though they did use "Vapoorize" in the movie Envy with Ben Stiller and Jack Black. If you've never seen the movie then I would highly recomend it. You can see how well the product worked for them :)

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
I once found some fuzzy yellow stuff in my lab's stool. It freaked me out until I remember he had dismantled a tennis ball.

I didn't actually FEED them the sofa, animalcracker. They just helped themselves. But it was a sofa I always hated and it was too heavy (sleeper sofa) to conveniently haul out.

When my girls were done with it, I could carry the remains out by myself and throw them in the dumpster.

But I seriously contend that you can learn a lot about your dog by picking up after them with a somewhat tactile means (like a plastic bag.)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I agree with RonE. I check my dogs stool when I pick it up. If its too runny or too smelly or a way different color I know somethings up. It should be pretty consisntent. When you get right down to it no one ENJOYS picking up poo, but its a good telltale sign of your dogs health.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts