Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I put about 75lbs of dog poop in a garbage bag..
The garbage man...I mean Sanitation Engineer..
Seemed to have a problem with it.
He looked at my house and ..I think he gave me the finger....but Im not sure.

What do you do with your dogs poopies?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yesterday I put about 75lbs of dog poop in a garbage bag..
The garbage man...I mean Sanitation Engineer..
Seemed to have a problem with it.
He looked at my house and ..I think he gave me the finger....but Im not sure.

What do you do with your dogs poopies?
Well if it gets hot enough in those bags, all that gas and such can lead to a very messy situation for the garbage man. (Honestly I poke a few small holes in the bag for it to air out...sorta)
However... to start 75lbs is alot...especially dead weight of dog poop.
Try smaller loads...much smaller loads as Id be mad too. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the bathroom.. I just collect all day dog poop and at night I throw it and just flush it away, or maybe just take chance when I have to go, do my stuff then throw the poop in aswell, 2 hits with 1 stone, I know, it sounds weird.. You can always put a powerloo in yours yard :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
I pick mine up everyday with bags and put it all in a walmart type and then they get thrown into my daily trash, we've never had a problem before, but i doubt the trash ppl even know its in there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I think you're biggest issue is the fact that you threw out 75 pounds of poop all at once. How long did it take to end up with that much? Was it collecting for a long while in a separate can for nothing but poop?? Or do you simply have dogs that do that much business in a week? I will add to the number of those that believe your easiest option, if possible, is simply to dispose of less each time.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think you're biggest issue is the fact that you threw out 75 pounds of poop all at once. How long did it take to end up with that much? Was it collecting for a long while in a separate can for nothing but poop?? Or do you simply have dogs that do that much business in a week? I will add to the number of those that believe your easiest option, if possible, is simply to dispose of less each time.
Well , I collected about 35 lbs one week..(and forgot to take it out to the curb..)
Then another 40lbs the next week..
I put it all in one garbage pail ..

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
We have a pail by the front porch for used poo pick up bags, and my husband dumps them all in the trash can on garbage day. Our trash isn't picked up by the city, and there aren't really garbage men involved outside of the guy driving the truck. It's all automated - the crane hand thing picks up the can, dumps it into the truck, and puts it back down again.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
To be quite honest ... two of the three dogs poo in the woods ... I am not about to play in the poison ivy to find it. It can just stay there in the woods with the deer poo and bunnie poo and fox and racoon and all the other creatures poo. :) If there is any little poo's in the yard I scoop them up with the pooper-scooper and put them in the fire ring to dry out ... and burn them at a later date. I have put poo in the trash in small amounts from time to time in a doggie poo bag from our walks on the actual roads.

Years ago when I lived in the city the poo was not allowed in the trash ... they could refuse to pick up your garbage because of it? What did they want you to do with it? :/

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an awesome poop disposal unit. It was like $35.00 at PetCo. Basically it’s a 4 foot hole in the ground with a little flap on top that opens. I pick up the yard poop daily and pitch it in. Once a week I add a pill that breaks it down and there is really no smell since the hole is so deep and my puppies have reasonably small poops. I only through away the poops I collect on walks in plastic baggies.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My dogs eat organic. I either put it into trash (not more than 10 lbs or so) or if I pick it up in Newspaper, sneak it into the Compost.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Reading this thread, I never realized anyone "saved up" poop. I scoop it in a bag (grocery store plastic bag), throw it in the trash barrel and it goes out with the rest of the trash. I can't imagine saving it in anything, lordy that would smell

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Reading this thread, I never realized anyone "saved up" poop. I scoop it in a bag (grocery store plastic bag), throw it in the trash barrel and it goes out with the rest of the trash. I can't imagine saving it in anything, lordy that would smell
Yea every two or three days I pick up the whole yard and just throw it in the trash. The city requests pet waste to be double bagged, which isn't a big deal to me, doing that frequently it doesn't even fill up the grocery store plastic bag anyway.

I don't think *I* would want to lift 75 pounds of dog poop into my trash bin. :/

·
Registered
559 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Of course, I don't have a yard so anywhere my dog poops it needs to be picked up. I live in a relatively urban area so I just pick it up in a poop bag and toss it in the public trash cans on the corners. It never occurred to me that the city wouldn't want that - as Abbylynn said, what do they expect us to do with it?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I pick up as soon as they poop as I have a poop eater. In the winter, I can leave the poop bag out for one day but when it starts to warm up, I toss it every time they go so it doesn't smell. When we're walking, I pick it up and bring it home, no public trash cans. I'll be honest, a7dk, if there were public trash cans, I would not throw my poop in there. It smells, no one wants to walk next to them with dog poop. Why don't you take it home and put it in your trash?

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's a good question. To be honest, I live in what is referred to as the "student ghetto." THere is sooo much litter, broken bottles, and dog poop all over the place in my neighborhood that I think poop in the public trash cans is the least of anyone's worries.

There are outdoor trash cans for my building, and when Hobbes goes right outside my apartment, I do throw it in there. But when he poops on walks, I'm just not going to carry it for an hour until I get home again, especially considering that I'm one of the more considerate neighbors since at least I pick it up.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Um, how many dogs do you have? Even when I was feeding Muggsy Purina, and he was going 3-4 times a day, he wasn't producing 35lbs in one week.

What are you feeding your dogs? If you feed anything you can buy in a grocery store, it's mostly filler and all that filler comes right out the other end of the dog. If you feed them something good, like Wellness, Taste of the Wild, Kirkland, etc., you get a lot less poop.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts