Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have a fantastic time today, we let Caeda run free with the neighbor's dog for a bit. The yard isn't enclosed but the neighbor's dog knows the reasonable boundaries and Caeda was stuck to her the whole time. She never went far, she just went fast :rockon: She didn't come the first time we called her, but it was early on, we gave her a little longer and she actually came by and we treated and praised her thoroughly, so she buzzed us even more often :D Funny seeing Caeda at 5 months, playing with a 1 year old and she was about 3/4 of Bree's size. Held up well!! We're truly proud puppy parents!

SO much fun and some intense, much needed socializing. We got to see the full gamut of interaction, and only one little tiny yelp. One odd thing that Caeda kept doing to Bree (the other dog) was she kept trying to lick the Bree's tongue. She actually bit on it a little (obviously not hard enough to hurt). WEIRD....never seen that before. We've seen face/mouth licking etc...but not tongue. Anybody else seen this? What is it supposed to mean?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My dog tries to lick other dog's tongues sometimes too.

No idea what it means. I thought affection. Most people think affection.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sydney does this constantly to other dogs, especially labs and lab mixes for some reason. Guess she's got her type just like everyone else! I'm not sure about dogs, but I know wolves do it in the wild as a sign of submission. Sort of like "You're so wonderful and I'm a nothing please oh please can't I just lick your face."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts