Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Dog pees on own feet (totally random question)

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  hanksimon 
#1 ·
I have a 5lb male chorkie. He was neutered at an apparently odd age because he raises his leg about half the time and does a really strange looking squat the rest. Anyway, when he squats, he always seems to pee on his front paws somehow, it used to be his back paws but I guess he recently changed the angle. I'm guessing not, but is there anything I can do to train him not to pee all over his paws? He is puppy pad trained so he then tracks the pee all over if I don't catch him in time (please save any criticism over pad training or suggestions to train him for outside).

#2 ·
how old is he? my 1 year old, neutered at 10 months, also lifts his leg half the time and parks/half-squats the rest of the time. when he was a bit younger, he used to always hit his front paws. that doesnt happen often anymore. maybe hes growing out of it? he just may need to learn the proper angle to stop getting his paws wet!

#5 ·
I know you don't want any crit about pad training, but I think that's part of the issue... if the dog had learned how to lift his leg on objects outside, he would do that instead and the pee would go out to the side rather than getting on him.

My AKK, Casper, who is two, usually lifts his leg and pees on things, but sometimes he gets lazy/distracted and just stands there and pees. He will occasionally hit one of his front legs.

#6 · (Edited)
Krystina, he's a year and a half. Pal, no clue if he has a short back. Finally, crantastic, he will pee when we go on walks, but he'll only go in an empty grass area squating, never on objects which I think has a lot more to do do with when he was neutered (that between lifting and not stage) and not where he's trained to go. O could be wrong though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.