Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've recently-ish gotten an Italian Greyhound. She's just turned one. A couple of times now she's peed on my dad's bed (while having access outside). If she's allowed, she would sleep on my bed, never anyone else's, and she has never peed on my bed. She's just now peed on my (older) brothers bed (who's door is usually closed.) Does anyone have any ideas as to why she is doing this?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
No clue as to why, but I would start with housetraining 101 and give those beds a good cleaning with an enzymatic cleaner for now.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Well, how recent is recently-ish?
Sometimes dogs pee in spots because having their scent there makes them feel more comfortable.
Sometimes dogs like to pee on a specific surface. Some dogs prefer to pee on something soft. (Sometimes that's because that dog was trained using puppy pads, and are used to peeing on soft things, sometimes it's just a preference.

Perhaps she wasn't properly potty trained in her previous homes, and, if left unsupervised, she will pee wherever she happens to be when she needs to go.

Regardless of why, I would shut the doors to the bedrooms, and only allow her on a bed if you are right there with her, and can interrupt before she pees on the bed, and redirect her outside. Otherwise, no access to bedrooms and beds.

Does she just pee on beds, and seems sufficiently potty trained all other times?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts