Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male Cockapoo who's somewhere between 3-5 years old, lately he's started peeing in the house a lot. I thought it might be that he's not getting enough attention so I've tried making sure he gets a walk everyday once I get home from school and I take a break to play with him every once and awhile. It seemed to be working, but today he peed in the house again. I really don't know what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to, but I still live with my parents and he's technically my dads dog. I've suggested it to them, but they don't want to, they think he's just marking his territory.

·
Registered
330 Posts
that's possible, but being 3-5 yrs old and just starting this. I don't think its likely to be true. Aside from taking him to the vet, I'm not sure what else it could be. Wish I could be more help for you. I know it can be frustrating-

·
Registered
330 Posts
Your welcome. I understand, I don't have my license either.
A lot of vets will work with you and do payment plans if you can't afford the cost up front.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Any sudden change in a dog's behavior, even peeing in the house, is cause for a trip to the vets. Maybe you can show your parents this forum. Seriously, all you have to do is search "sudden change in behavior" and you will probably find tons of threads that have tons of replies like "vet check suggested" stuff.

Other things that can cause a relapse in potty training: change in routine, change in environment (even something like new furniture or rearranged furniture), illness or infection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts