Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out for an afternoon walk with Lola (my Wheaten Terrier) this past Monday here in Toronto. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm, so we strayed a little further than usual on our walk to explore a different area of the neighbourhood. Before we knew it, it was too hot out! I forgot to bring along some water for Lola, and didn't know where I could find the nearest drinking fountain.

This led me to wonder, does anyone know of a source of info on drinking fountains? Usually drinking fountains are in parks. So a better question is, how do you all get information on parks, or specific dog parks in Toronto, or your home city? I guess that's the consequence of exploring and not really knowing about the new territory Lola and I are walking in.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Contact the Parks department itself and ask if they have a map or listing of water fountains. Since they turn them off and on seasonally, there should be a list somewhere.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
There are some apps that will show you dog parks or dog-friendly parks in your area.

I just use Google though, but the app is helpful for new places.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I don't know, but your post reminded me of how I think the GPS in the car should have a button for "find nearest toilet." I can't tell you how many road trips would have been made better by such a button...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just have always done a google search, and asked around at places like pet food supply stores and people I meet in other parks, etc.

Can you please post pictures of your Wheaten!?? I'd love to see her :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to get in touch with the city and see if they have any information. It's a start!

And here's a photo of the Lola! Just over a year old, and her first haircut if finally growing in. Almost time for another summer cut.
View attachment 75514
She is beautiful :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
A lot of dog parks I have gone to nicer ones that is have the human water fountains that have a dog attachment at the bottom that fills up don't like using it goes don't know what other dogs have so I have a dog water bottle that I bring with

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts