Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are dumb. My friend and I were at the park with our pups. A couple walks into the big dog park with 3 small dogs who are obviously scared and don't venture far. The man then picks up one of the dogs, and throws it (literally, he actually threw it, he didn't just place her in the water, she was like ten feet out) in the pond. The poor dog isn't a good swimmer, and she just starts thrashing. The woman freaks out and starts calling her, and the man started yelling at the dog! Then the woman pushed the dude into the pond telling him to go get her f-ing dog. So he had to take a swim in the dog pond. I can't believe he was mad! I'm just staring with my mouth agape, as I often do with stupidity that I just don't understand, and he asks "what was I supposed to do?" to which I replied "not come here, and certainly not throw a living creature into a terrifying situation you jerk". He gives me a dirty look and they leave. The woman was literally kicking the crap out of the guy the whole way out. I really hope she breaks up with him, that's just not a good guy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't understand why people throw or toss their dogs in the pond in the first place. A lot of those ponds aren't even that deep and I'm sure it's painful if not dangerous for the dog to land on the ground like that.

People are so ignorant. If anyone ever did that to my any of my dogs, all hell would break loose.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I'll understand ppl ever. Luckily for the dog this pond is deep, but still, that poor sad baby. I'm with you, if anyone did that to my dogs, they'd at least lose an eye or something

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's horrible! I remember how terrible I felt the other day when my dog swam out to my kayak and tried to climb on. I grabbed her harness and her scruff and tried to pull her up (usually this is a cinch) but she slipped backwards and totally went under. I felt like such a bad person, and when I eventually got her up I didn't even protest when she shook and let her lay down and take up as much room as she wanted. :eek: To think that someone would intentionally throw a dog into the water? I'm sure that is a terrifying couple of seconds for the dog when they are totally submerged under water!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I've pushed Callie in my neighbors pond before, but she was about to jump in anyways. She stayed down there most of the day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've pushed Callie in my neighbors pond before, but she was about to jump in anyways. She stayed down there most of the day.
Okay, I must admit, I've done that before too. I've also held on to Chewy so she'd tow me while she dog-paddled into shore. On the other hand, I do let her ride on my kayak, and if it's shallow enough to touch, she sits in my arms while we're swimming, and we bought her her own pool floaty raft thing because even though she loves the sea, she doesn't like exerting the energy to swim around. She just sits on the raft, usually with just her head and shoulders above the water level, and floats along happily.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Okay, I must admit, I've done that before too. I've also held on to Chewy so she'd tow me while she dog-paddled into shore. On the other hand, I do let her ride on my kayak, and if it's shallow enough to touch, she sits in my arms while we're swimming, and we bought her her own pool floaty raft thing because even though she loves the sea, she doesn't like exerting the energy to swim around. She just sits on the raft, usually with just her head and shoulders above the water level, and floats along happily.
lol, nice. Callie, believe it or not, LOVES to swim. Whenever we go down to the river she swims across, checks everything out, then swims back... she's funny. She's only 30lbs, so I usually have to run and and stop her from being carried off by the current. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
OMGosh!! That will make a dog affraid of water ...

we were at the beach onetime ... and we didnt know there was a drop off in the water ... our golden retriever didnt know it either and he went in and under .... after that he was skeptical of the water

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMGosh!! That will make a dog affraid of water ...

we were at the beach onetime ... and we didnt know there was a drop off in the water ... our golden retriever didnt know it either and he went in and under .... after that he was skeptical of the water
That's what I was thinking. She'll also be scared of the dogpark, and probably men for a while, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts