Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
How you know the regulatory status of a rule, is to find the text of your local city and/or county ordinances on the internet.

Rabies is the only required vaccination. An unvaccinated dog might not pose a risk for your dog, but it certainly poses a risk for you.

the rules at the dog park I frequent include this statement:
"What if I see someone break the Fort Woof rules?
Fort Woof was established on the concept that dog owners would police themselves and each other. If you see someone who forgets the rules (i.e., forgets to pick up poop) politely introduce yourself, remind them of the rule, and thank them when they comply with the rule. Fort Worth is full of friendly folks who want to do the right thing. That's the Fort Woof way!"

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you don't have to provide proof of rabies vaccination in order to get a pet license, then there's probably not a law requiring it. In my part of the country, the vaccination laws are mostly city ordinances, I don't think counties get involved (could be wrong, or maybe it varies).

In my city, you must license your dog at 4 months of age, and the fee for intact dogs is about 3 times that of sterilized dogs, so you either pay up or send your too-young puppy under the knife. Oh well, you can't fight city hall. But, most people don't buy the dog license -- it's just our little way of sticking it to the man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts