Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, my head. My poor head....

I am so glad I got Sobaka spayed... We visited a new dog park this weekend. There was a little Fox Terror (I mean terrier). He was feeling amour towards Sobaka, and he wasn't just bringing her flowers. He was not only interested in Sobaka but a neutered little English Bulldog "male" got humped. Yuck, yuck, yuck. The happy owners were just sitting on a bench calling his name (which was not often and very much ignored by "humper"). I felt like going over and giving them a piece of my mind. One look at the body builder husband - changed my mind - I decided maybe it ran in the family...:D I decided it was just time to go home and call it a day!

Corteo

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Um....

A dog - not even your dog- getting humped really doesn't seem like that much of a fiasco. Yeah, it's kind of obnoxious doggy behavior and generally not appropriate for the dog park - but it's also just not that big a deal, either.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah, definitely not a big deal. Dogs humping is not really a sexual act, but more of an "excitement" thing. It's annoying, but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yep, perfectly normal, albeit rude behavior. Nothing to do with sex. But, dogparks are high-risk ventures that I personally stay away from. Dogs do not need to play with random, strange dogs. In the wild one pack does not meet up with another pack for a play session. I prefer my dogs to be strongly bonded to me and to have a few known and trusted dog friends rather than take the risk of having anything bad happen.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Corteo, look at this way. Your have your location as Dog Heaven, well dog parks are kinda like heaven/limbo/purgatory/hell etc. The fun is in the picking. What did Clint Eastwood say in Dirty Harry? "Do you feel lucky today" I've never been much of a gambler so I have never use one. Of course it's easy for me to say that as we live in the country and have plenty of space. Since I'm antisocial myself I'm really not into my dogs meeting all the other dogs in the world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts