Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted before about issues with walking our dog, and gotten some great tips. We're now having a different walking issue. Over the summer, she's gotten used to walking with both me and my daughter. These walks have been great for all of us. Now that my daughter is back in school, she doesn't always have time to join us on our walks. When I leave the house alone with the dog, she now always looks back from the driveway for my daughter. If my daughter doesn't come out of the house, the dog will just wait in the driveway. I've tried just waiting it out, but that doesn't work, and we usually end up going right back in the house. Do I need to start rewarding again with treats? I never seemed to truly get the hang of that, since she would see the treat, walk excitedly until she got the treat, and then stop again looking for another treat. If not treats, should I just take her back in the house and try again later until she learns she's only walking with me, and that my daughter is unavailable?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts