Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to learn more about dog food and nutrition. Does anyone have recommendations for good books on the subject?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
She does discuss raw food in Dog Food Logic, although she doesn't push for or against any particular brand or type of food. The book is more focused on how we make decisions, what we actually know about dog's nutritional needs, how to navigate all the marketing, and how to thoughtfully choose a diet to meet the needs of your individual dog.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Look through dogaware's dog cookbook reviews for more ideas! Sometimes you can read part of the book online through Google book or Amazon preview. http://dogaware.com/diet/bookreviews.html

Monica Segal does do raw but her raw is complicated stuff and often has very little actual raw stuff in it. You will get great information on what dogs need though, unlike the other dog nutrition books I have. I would suggest getting at least one of her books, I only have Optimal Nutrition and am dying for a good excuse to buy K9 Kitchen as well.

For raw I have Lew Olson's book, "Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs" and Steve Brown's book, "Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet: Healthier Dog Food the ABC Way". Both good books but suspect you would be more interested in Mr. Brown's book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts