Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a bunch of random pics from this mushing season! Enjoy :)

syndey TR3.jpg
In January we brought home another fur baby named Sydney. This is a pic of her first run with my team. (She's the brownish dog behind the black one, closest to the sled)

cougar race.jpg
This was taken at one of our races. Cougar got to come hang out with us for the weekend instead of staying home.

ellie fetch snowball.jpg
Ellie playing fetch with snowballs. lol

sydney race.jpg
Sydney, taking in all of the sights and sounds at a race. Being only a year old, she hasn't raced yet so I took her along with me to all of the races so she could get used to how things work.

syndey TR 2.jpg
Jazz and Sydney looking silly. Sydney is taking to pulling a sled like a duck takes to water!

sydney TR.jpg
The trail after it snowed.

clear lake 2.jpg
My team on the trail at a race.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sydney.jpg
Sydney and her pretty blue eyes. <3

char and sydney.jpg
Sydney, in hot pursuit of Char during play time.

jacob and his shadow.jpg
That awkward moment when you realize that you have a shadow...

char.jpg
Miss beauty queen, Char...

dog play.jpg

dog pile.jpg
The dogs like to play a little game called...'DOG PILE ON SALSA'! lol

I know I've got some more pictures somewhere...I try to find them and put them up sometime in the near future... :)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It's my favorite musher!!! How's young Sydney doing??

Been following the Iditarod??

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sydney is doing awesome! I finally got the chance to run her with my team a few weeks ago and she did great! (I've run her before but with borrowed dogs)
I've been taking her to races with me as well and she acts like she's been doing this all of her life--she's definitely a natural! And she's definitely a nut! While on their drop chains at a race my other dogs mainly just sit and relax (until I get the harnesses out anyway) but Sydney will almost constantly bang on her chain and pester the other dogs. She just doesn't know what to do with herself and all of her energy. lol
I can't wait to race her next year...I think she's going to be awesome!

Here's a short video I took of her run...

I'll be honest, I'm really bad at following the Iditarod and other big races. lol I usually just root for my favorites (Lance Mackey, Jeff King, Dee Dee Jonrowe, Martin Buser, the young people) and call it a day. I have a lot of people on Facebook who follow it hour by hour though so I get updates from them.

Who are your favorites?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
All of the ones you listed! I like Rohn also. I've been following Karen Ramstead/North Wapiti Kennels since you gave me the link to her site/kennel to look at her Siberians since she shows and races them. So I'm rooting for her and the other guy running an all Siberian team.

I've been bashing my head against the walls thinking about the Iditarod and the dogs. You and me will have to have a nice talk about the dogs I need to bounce thoughts off of someone who understands them and get a better idea on them.

I'll have to watch that video later - stupid phone doesn't let me :( I'm so glad to hear shes doing great and that she's really looking to be excellent next year! Years from now I really want to move to a place that gets more snow and pick up mushing.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Wonderful photos. :)
I just love sled dog races. I have been following the Iditarod all day.
Karen Ramstead is listed as 58th right now.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wonderful photos. :)
I just love sled dog races. I have been following the Iditarod all day.
Karen Ramstead is listed as 58th right now.
She's just coming off her mandatory 24 (or will be shortly) hopefully she picks up a few spots and breaks her best finish. She's got all 16 dogs (last I checked I'm pretty sure she don't drop any in McGrath but I don't have Internet right now to check and my phone Internet is too slow and hard to look at) still and she looks great. I heard she might be running with the other musher who's running an all Siberian team and I heard they're quite the sight to see together!!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
She's just coming off her mandatory 24 (or will be shortly) hopefully she picks up a few spots and breaks her best finish. She's got all 16 dogs (last I checked I'm pretty sure she don't drop any in McGrath but I don't have Internet right now to check and my phone Internet is too slow and hard to look at) still and she looks great. I heard she might be running with the other musher who's running an all Siberian team and I heard they're quite the sight to see together!!
She is in 51st place at the Takotna checkpoint. She has 15 dogs on her team right now. Who is the other musher that is running the all Siberian team?
Hank DeBruin?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hank Debruin. Hopefully she can stay up there! Looks like she left Hank - he's back there still or they didn't jut didn't update it yet. The times on the site are delayed because of how they relay from the checkpoints.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what fun! what kind of dogs are pulling that sled?? Ive always wanted to do that
Most of them are Alaskan Huskies with some Greyhound, Pointer, and Saluki mixed in, then there is a Siberian Husky and what we mushers call a 'Eurohound' which is a cross between an Alaskan Husky and a German Short-Haired Pointer. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was a baaaad year to take up skijoring around here.
It was a bad year for us too. We only got to run on our home training trails like 3 times (on a sled), otherwise we had to drive North to a friend's kennel to train.
Most of our races were cancelled...one was actually cancelled for Saturday because of too much snow this last weekend. So we go from not enough snow to too much and now the temps are going to be in the 50s this week so we're going to be drowning in mud. :p

Hopefully next year is better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts