Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its not as bad as the title suggest...

My foster Eevee (4 yr old spitz mix, stray, no other info) has developed a behavior of chewing, when I sleep. Shes quiet as a mouse when I'm awake and working in my living room, she'll either just hang out in my bed or hang out in the living room, usually sleeping. But as soon as the light goes off and I get in bed, she decides its chewing time, at first I just gave her a nylabone to chew, a little loud but whatever. But yesterday, she started off chewing on her nylabone, and then decided to move onto my comforters while I'm asleep, so I put her in the crate, which she sometimes sleeps in on her own, but she started whining, eventually I fell asleep. At around 6am, I woke to the sound of her crying in her crate again... I took her out, gave her the nylabone and again, she chewed on that then went for my bed.

Out of frustration, I took my covers and pillow and went to the futon in my living room, she follows, as soon as I settle on my futon, she jumps on top and goes to sleep, didn't think about going back to get her nylabone even once. I don't get it... I know she really likes my bed, but she doesn't seem to be territorial or aggressive when I'm there, she just develops this need to chew. Any tips? I don't want to reinforce any bad habits but I don't know what the deal is. She doesn't chew when I'm not in the room, she doesn't even chew when I'm in there, ONLY when I'm trying to sleep. I walk her plenty and the fact that shes never destructive during the day or night makes me wonder its something different... Though she does have a quirky personality and some weird neurotic behaviors but I don't what the cause of this one is. It was fine the first few days I had her and it just started one night, when she decided to get up and chew on her nylabone instead of sleep.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts