Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jack Russell Terrier is starting to loose her ability to "hold it." She is almost 3 years old. I really think this has been some what of an issue since she was a puppy but it seems to be getting worse. It almost seems to me that she has a hard time realizing that she needs to use the bathroom until it is too late. I have seen here walk around inside the house and have noticed that a stool is about to come out of her and she doesn't seem to realize it until the last minute. This seems to be true with her pee also. What in the world is causing this?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
While I'm sure many of us can and will guess as to the cause of the problem, this would be a question most appropriately asked of your vet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a vet appt. on tuesday. The reason I posted on this forum was to see if I could get any ideas before then.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Nerve damage to the spinal cord can cause those symptoms. But they are usually seen in older dogs with spinal arthritis. Has your dog had any back injuries?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is he neutered? I thought it was more common in older dogs, but sometimes if dogs aren't neutered it can cause those kind of problems. That happened to my childhood cocker spaniel and after we had him neutered he was back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts