Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There
I have a very sweet pitbul 9 years old very hectic and super stressed, develop a red eye in the last 4 weeks. I took him to a Vet but the Vet could not not take a good look at the eye even with 2 days of sedatives medicine.
The Vet gave him antibiotics ointment which did not help. In addition, i start using eye's drop which seems to helps. It look to me like very localized red dot just below the lens line.
i wounder if it is a foreign object? or it is blood vessels popped?
Any idea?
Thank u
Ezra
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Gesture

·
Super Moderator
3,322 Posts
How long have you been administering the ointment and drops? Did your vet tell you how long it should be before you see results?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you been administering the ointment and drops? Did your vet tell you how long it should be before you see results?
I'm doing it already for 10 days, The Vet say use for 14, but we see no improvement. I'm afraid is a wrong diagnostics

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
If the medication doesn't seem to be helping, and if just giving him a sedative him doesn't help with an exam, he might need to be anesthetized so that they can get a really good look at it.

Reactions: Lillith

·
Super Moderator
3,322 Posts
Yes, I would have the vet anesthetize, or even a stronger tranquilizer, the dog so she can examine it properly. Have you told her that you haven't seen an improvement? I understand the vet wanting to avoid too much sedation, but I guess at that point I would want to know what's going on with my dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts