Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There
I have a very sweet pitbul 9 years old very hectic and super stressed, develop a red eye in the last 4 weeks. I took him to a Vet but the Vet could not not take a good look at the eye even with 2 days of sedatives medicine.
The Vet gave him antibiotics ointment which did not help. In addition, i start using eye's drop which seems to helps. It look to me like very localized red dot just below the lens line.
i wounder if it is a foreign object? or it is blood vessels popped?
Any idea?
Thank u
Ezra
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Gesture

· Registered
2,770 Posts
If the medication doesn't seem to be helping, and if just giving him a sedative him doesn't help with an exam, he might need to be anesthetized so that they can get a really good look at it.

Reactions: Lillith

· Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
Yes, I would have the vet anesthetize, or even a stronger tranquilizer, the dog so she can examine it properly. Have you told her that you haven't seen an improvement? I understand the vet wanting to avoid too much sedation, but I guess at that point I would want to know what's going on with my dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.