Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are 2 pictures my my pupppies paw. She was adopted 3 months ago. Today she has been licking her back paws. She went to the beach yesterday
WHat is the problem?

And what can I do now to help her? should i wrap somehting around her paws?? or let it have some air and breather???

ANd yes, she will go ot the vet next week. But please tell me whats wrong and Im so scared....

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
If the sand was hot, she may have burned paws.

I'd probably clean with diluted Betadine (so it is tea colored), let dry, put some Neosporin Plus pain reliever on it and put a sock over it, to keep her from licking. then see a vet. It could be irritation from sand that she's made raw with her licking, food allergies, fungal infection, or something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awww! Poor pooch! Chances are that the sand was too hot and burned her paws. :( However, if the licking persists she most likely has a food allergy.

My Maltese had the same problem. He was constantly licking at his paws until he bled. Since, food allergy testing can be quite pricey at the vet's, try switching to a natural food and go from there. Initially, I was contemplating getting my dog tested at the vet to see what food he was specifically allergic to, but it cost $300!!! I decided to switch to a grain-free all natural dog food free from fillers, soy, and any pesky ingredient that could potentially be harmful to dogs with food allergies. It worked! My dog has since stopped licking his paws. Natural food is pricey, but I get mines from naturalk9supplies, they are cheaper compared to the other sites...

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you scroll down you will see I posted the same problem. go to www.pollen.com and see what is happening in your area in the way or allergies. My dogs one paw looks like yours. Scroll down and read the comments. Also get the lamp shade. The vet will tell you as they told me it is imperative that it be kept dry. I see no other way then the lamp shade. People also said to soak for a few minutes in apple cidar vinegar diluted 50% with water. She may have been bitten by a sand flea. Keep us posted. You are not alone in the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts