Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male dog who is not castrated. We have had him for seven years. When he is horny he will get a little bit aggressive but it doesn't last long, and it's pretty manageable. However, a few days ago he's gotten really bad to the point he refused to leave his hump toy, and growls/bites at anyone who tries to take it or even walk past it. He also has been biting people for no reason. He's constantly with it and doesn't even want to go on walks or eat that much. I've never seen him this aggressive before, this isn't even manageable he has bit and attacked multiple people for no reason, including myself. I don't know what to do and why he is suddenly like this. I've barricaded my bed that he usually cuddles with me in because in the night he jumps on my head and growls at me

·
Super Moderator
2,909 Posts
A sudden behavior change is grounds for an immediate vet visit, especially when it's this extreme. Get him checked out as soon as possible with a full blood workup and thyroid panel if the vet can't find anything with a physical exam alone. Pain, illness, or thyroid problems can cause a lot of strange behavior.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts