Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs here, if there's a better forum please let me know and I'll move it.

Small Dog has been chewing on Big Dog's fur, and she just lets it happen. She's huge and pretty chill, and she will let him pull fur and hump her back to his little heart's content. He pulls out large chunks of it and quite literally gnawing on her. I don't know if this is his attempt at grooming, being affectionate or some terribly misguided mating ritual? He is a rescue, we're coming up on his 3 year adoption anniversary, and other than some peeing issues (he's 95% potty trained, no medical issues) and some humping of other dogs when he gets excited, he's been behavior wise a dream. He's very sweet, he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body, and literally loves every dog and person on this planet.

If it's relevant they have lots of bones and toys, they get along great, she's just been spayed, and I stay home so they don't get kenneled often. I'm just genuinely confused about this fur chewing business. It mainly happens when he thinks I'm not looking. He's never done it with another dog before and he doesn't chew himself. He's a poodle/bichon so he isn't really into maintaining himself and I wonder if her having fur is somehow a tasty novelty for him? He's lived with other dogs before and never did this.

:/ Any ideas or am I just going to have a 60 lbs bald dog until Small Dog gets so old he doesn't have any teeth left?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts