Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elderly neighbor's 4 yr old English Setter bit my arm deeply. I was rushing to help his owner when she fell and broke her hip. The dog (who is up-to-date on shots and in generally good health) and I have been friends since he was a pup, it was purely circumstantial.

A few days later, call it poetic justice or instant karma, the poor guy is sick as.. well.. a dog.
My question is, has anyone heard of this before? I know it seems a bit crazy to think I am the cause. It has been the running joke for a week and I thought I would ask around. Their vet doesn't know what's wrong with him. I don't have a list of symptoms but I know he's lethargic. For a setter... that's odd enough.

Thanks,

Mox

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am guessing if the vet cannot find an answer .... maybe the dog is depressed because his owner is injured and it was all very traumatic I am sure. Just guessing though.

I have a dog Blu Boy ( 6years old) who has lost his Mom (My Mother) and his Littermate Brother all in two years ... and he is not quite himself ... he is becoming quite odd.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
It's not karma. He's upset that his owner is gone. He only bit you out of fear in the moment, not out of aggression.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying.
Perhaps it is emotional. Aside from the addition of a walker (and a few extra weeds in the garden I still need to pull for them) life Hasn't changed much. My neighbor is home more often and said pup gets ample attention.

I don't really think I have some horrifying communicative canine disorder..... not really. Next season there won't be a new set of vaccinations against me. Still. It's odd.

So, if anyone hears of a dog dropping after acquiring the taste of well seasoned, if slightly stale, American women. Please let me know.

Thank you and you have beautiful pups both of you. I should put a couple shots of my own on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts