Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried this stuff called PawMax hip and joint chews? Its a supplement for dogs that has glucosomine and chrondroitin (sp?)in it.
My neighbor has been gving it to her Lab for years and swears it's why her dog hasn't suffered from hip and joint pain.I just bought some on pawmax.com but I also found it cheaper on Amazon (wish I would have seen that first). Any feedback on this supplement would be great.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Has the dog been to the vet for care on these issues? I do not know the ingredients of the product but your vet should be consulted to make sure it is helpful to your dog and not against any treatment the vet is offering. The vet can also teach you other ways to help your dog relieve its pain.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Usually treats that contain joint supps don't contain enough to really do anything. You could try a people Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplement. It's cheap and generally effective.

You might also talk to your vet about doing a cycle of Adequan. It's proven effective for many dogs and works best if there isn't a whole lot of damage already done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! My dog doesnt have a problem... Im trying to prevent one. Its just like humans, prevention is the best medicine. Its not a treat, its a maximum strength supplement and if I didnt see it with my neighbors dog I'd have been skeptical. (I compared the pawmax brand with others first) I think its worth it. So far my dog loves them and the ingredients are natural so I'm going to keep it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.