Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's dog hide or bury their rawhide flipchips or bones? My 1yr old redbone Coonhound mix refuses to chew on these since she got a bacon flavored nylabone. We have signed up fro bullybox to get strong chew toys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My young lurcher used to hide his on top of a rain barrel until they had softened. I found a whole collection there one day. And then I read they were a choking risk and stopped buying them. He then went through several black kongs, reducing them to little crumbs. Fortunately his chewing habit reduced to practically zero as he got older. My other dogs, like yours, prefer flavoured nylabones to their antlers, buffalo horns and various chew toys.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I think you'll find that most people on this site don't give rawhides because of the blockage potential.

Neither of my dogs hide anything. The do often LOSE their bones though! I'll find them under the couch or under the bed and they're so excited to have a "new" bone again. Our dogs absolutely LOVE the bacon-flavoured Benebones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
haven't experienced that but one got stucked on his teeth though, good thing we take it to the vet right away and was able to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts