Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have had dogs everywhere in my life, ?. Was wondering if there are any products/homemade solutions to help with this dog hair problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Not really. Other than getting a dog that doesn't shed very much, like a poodle or a "hair" dog, dogs are gonna shed. You can mitigate the shedding a bit by feeding your dogs a high quality food, but there's only so much you can do.

I would recommend a Roomba or some sort of robot vacuum. Having that to clean up the dog hair so it doesn't become dust bunnies would be nice!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Other than only having Poodles or other less sheddy (typically longer single coated) or hairless breeds, there is no real solution to dog hair everywhere, as all dogs shed to some degree. My GSD creates tumbleweeds on a daily basis (seriously, how can a dog shed so much, and still have fur left on her body?!). An automatic vacuum would be nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dog fur is a way of life. I have found it helpful to have lint rollers and a lot of them! A good vacuum made for pet hair is great. We bought a new one as our old one was about to konk out with special attachments. Depending on your dog, use different brush styles to groom. To get fur out of all the weird places it collects, my hubby will use his leaf blower so I can vacuum to get the fur up.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
spray mist and doggy blow dryer.. not going to stop shedding but if there is a cycle just a little bit of moisture to the coat and a blow out gets so much off of them at one time until the next cycle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts