Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a puppy growling and becoming defensive when someone blows their nose, but fine otherwise? It's like a trigger.... possibly sound?

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Well that's not very comfortable for most dogs, so the growling is not surprising... Why is someone blowing on a puppy's nose?

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Well that's not very comfortable for most dogs, so the growling is not surprising... Why is someone blowing on a puppy's nose?
I think they're talking about the human blowing their own nose, like with a tissue.

Tessa doesn't growl, but she is concerned by sneezes, coughs, throat-clearing, etc. She has to check that we're okay - by jumping on us and licking our face.

If the growling is concerning OP, I would try tossing her some really tasty treats each time you blow your nose (toss the treats after, rather than before).

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
LOL! That would make more sense :D Well your advice is good.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The puppy is probably unsure of the sound and maybe a little afraid. I would leave the room or at least get some distance away while blowing your nose so it's not so close to the puppy. Ideally you could have someone toss treats to the puppy during this process so he/she learns that sound equals treats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts