Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live with my parents and sister, we adopted our dog 2-3 years ago and just about the entire time she has been a part of our family, she has growled at my dad. (I realize we’ve kind of let this go too long) She will growl or bark at him (and sometimes raise her hackles) almost any time he walks through the house. It’s worst when she is sitting on the couch or in bed next to my sister or me. However, when my dad is sitting down, she will approach him and is happy to be petted by him. It seems she is only scared of him when he is walking around, standing up. Typically, he will walk up to her and pet her to get her to stop, which i feel is probably not quite the correct behavior but im not sure what to tell him to do instead. Additionally, recently she has started growling at the others of us when she hears us approaching from a different part of the house, but stops once she knows who it is. My question is how do we stop the growling overall, and what have we done wrong so far. Thanks so much for the help!10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
maybe karate kick thin air next time ur near her. u will surely state ur dominance and she will forever be grateful and somewhat afraid. this builds pride she will soon be growling only at strangers once she knows your real ultimate power.

·
Registered
353 Posts
maybe karate kick thin air next time ur near her. u will surely state ur dominance and she will forever be grateful and somewhat afraid. this builds pride she will soon be growling only at strangers once she knows your real ultimate power.
Seriously?

Dominance theory is outdated and de-bunked horsec**p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts