Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned home to find out that our 16 pound pom mix ate about a half of one of those big plastic things of grated parmesan cheese which someone left out (without letting me know!). She seems fine right now, and of course a little bit of cheese isn't a big deal for a dog...but this is a lot for her size, and I'm worried that the next day or so could be unpleasant as she digests it...am I right to be concerned, and if so, is there anything I can do preemptively to help keep her stomach settled?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Stock up on canned pure pumpkin. I'd start adding a couple of tablespoons to her food. I'd feed very small frequent meals. She may have diarrhea or constipation and teh pumpkin will help both.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Stock up on canned pure pumpkin. I'd start adding a couple of tablespoons to her food. I'd feed very small frequent meals. She may have diarrhea or constipation and teh pumpkin will help both.
+1

I don't think there will be any permanent issues from this, but many dogs do have a problem digesting dairy products and generally react with digestive irregularlties as mentioned. Pumpkin seems to help.

If diarrhea seems to be getting a bit out of control, you can use Pepto-Bismol but check with your vet first for any cautions and for the right dosage for your dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts