Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After a vet visit we found out my dog was allergic. Tried 15 grain free dog foods to no avail. Finally found Azmira, which is the only food my Catahoula leopard dog will even touch! Thank goodness as she was losing weight fast. She won't even eat any people food scraps as she knows they will make her itch and scratch. Her eyes don't have scabs any more and no hot spots. Thanks Azmira! http://www.dogforums.com/images/smilies/smilies/whoo.gif

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi :)

I don't believe I've ever seen Azmira in the local stores here, so did a bit of looking. Looks like a high amount of grains with lamb. Did your vet test your dog and find out specific allergies? Or did you just keep trying until you found a food that agreed with her?

Glad you found something that workds for your dog!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Looked up Azmira on dog food advisor. It's not bad, though menadione is not a good thing. It sounds like your dog is either allergic to corn or chicken (very common allergies in dogs), possibly beef. Azmira doesn't contain corn, and the proteins are lamb and fish. So if you do have to switch off Azmira (I know we don't have it around here), look for something that doesn't contain corn or chicken.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi,
After a vet visit we found out my dog was allergic. Tried 15 grain free dog foods to no avail. Finally found Azmira, which is the only food my Catahoula leopard dog will even touch! Thank goodness as she was losing weight fast. She won't even eat any people food scraps as she knows they will make her itch and scratch. Her eyes don't have scabs any more and no hot spots. Thanks Azmira! http://www.dogforums.com/images/smilies/smilies/whoo.gif
did they do a blood test to find out what your dog is allergic to?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi allergic dog owners,
We will do a blood test for specific allergens ASAP; Will make sure she avoids chicken and corn (funny that you mention chicken as she would not eat cooked chicken from our plates!) Azmira has distributors and we have to import in from Wisconsin (we're in Illinois). I am anxious to get the blood test! It will make life easier for her. Love these Catahoulas!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi allergic dog owners,
We will do a blood test for specific allergens ASAP; Will make sure she avoids chicken and corn (funny that you mention chicken as she would not eat cooked chicken from our plates!) Azmira has distributors and we have to import in from Wisconsin (we're in Illinois). I am anxious to get the blood test! It will make life easier for her. Love these Catahoulas!!
how much is the blood test for food allergies?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how much an allergy test is until we take her to the vet. I would imagine you could call the vet and ask though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts