Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about dog foods/treats made in China and imported over, any info on this. If this is on another thread please let me know. Too many recalls and would like to know more.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
My cousin worked for a company in China, and had a smartass description of the difference between big name 1st World companies' quality control/quality assurance and Chinese QC/QA.

He describes the product testing and QC procedures of 1st World QC/QA departments. He said if a product run is contaminated or out of spec, it gets sent back for reprocessing or dumped, and the manager responsible for the screw up is pink slipped.

Chinese companies have different QC/QA protocols, and if a product run is contaminated or defective, the responsible manager is shot in the back of the head and dumped in a shallow grave...but the product ships anyway.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cousin worked for a company in China, and had a smartass description of the difference between big name 1st World companies' quality control/quality assurance and Chinese QC/QA.

He describes the product testing and QC procedures of 1st World QC/QA departments. He said if a product run is contaminated or out of spec, it gets sent back for reprocessing or dumped, and the manager responsible for the screw up is pink slipped.

Chinese companies have different QC/QA protocols, and if a product run is contaminated or defective, the responsible manager is shot in the back of the head and dumped in a shallow grave...but the product ships anyway.
I'm glad I'm not looking for a job in China.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
My cousin's description is obviously not literally true (I don't think) but he was illustrating a different corporate culture. Employees who screw up are dealt with swiftly and harshly (with the exception of the politically connected), but they are extremely reluctant to negatively impact the bottom line by holding back a production run. This also sets up a strong incentive for production managers to cover mistakes, ship product, and hope nobody notices--or at least that they are unable to identify the source of the mistake after products get out into the stream of commerce. However, my cuz is convinced that defective and dangerous products are frequently shipped with the full knowledge of top execs.

TIFWIW.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I won't buy ANYTHING for Zoey that doesn't say Made in the USA right on the package. I have actually contacted a few food/treat companies to make sure that all of their ingredients come from the USA too. I will do the same thing when we have children.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I won't buy ANYTHING for Zoey that doesn't say Made in the USA right on the package. I have actually contacted a few food/treat companies to make sure that all of their ingredients come from the USA too. I will do the same thing when we have children.
What about all your possessions? Is it only edible things you won't buy from anywhere else?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
What about all your possessions? Is it only edible things you won't buy from anywhere else?
Edible things for us and the dog, or things the dog will chew on, bedding materials.. And thanks to that flip flop thing.. SHOES. I'm not as concerned about electronics and things that come from China, so long as they work. But food and toys are my big worry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts