Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old puppy has suddenly stopped liking her food. I have had her a little over 2 weeks and she has gotten very comfortable here. The first few days she didn't eat (she was scared - it was understandable) but after that she ate all of her breakfast and dinner. The last few days she has been picking out specific pieces of her food that she doesn't seem to like, and now she has stopped finishing her breakfast and dinner. She hardly eats any of it. We are not overloading her on treats, although she constantly has a bone b/c of her chewing needs

She has been eating the food for a month now (her foster mom fed the same stuff to her) with no problem until now. If she suddenly decided she doesn't like it, is it wrong of me to keep feeding it to her and make her get over being so picky? I don't want to watch $25 go to waste. Or do I need to alternate food?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You can certainly keep feeding it to her if you want, she will always eat it if and when she's hungry. But if you want to, you could consider rotating foods to keep her from getting bored with one food. Some brands come in several different varieties and flavors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts