Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Do any of you use a doggie daycare for your dogs? If so; how many times a week do you usually use it?

Any and all information or feedback would be great.

Thank you.

Tank's Momma

·
Super Moderator
11,838 Posts
I used it 2-3 times/week with Esther when she was a wild young thing. She would run for 10 hours straight and, when she got home, she was a sweet, mellow dog.

When the need arose, we used the same facility for boarding.

We no longer live in that city but she has matured into a sweet mellow dog with slightly less demanding exercise requirements.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Doggie daycare is a good thing as long as you can find a good doggie daycare owner!

One of my dogs was a breeder dog in a puppy mill (not socialized well) and she helped him so much. She knew he had an issue with strange people, so she would have other owners come and interact with him while she watched his body language and made sure he was always comfortable and it really helped. He loves it there and like the above poster said, it really wears him out!

I go when the need arises. I would take them both a couple of times a week, but I don't have the need since I am a grad student and can work from home a lot. I just take them right before a big road trip (to wear them out) or when I feel like they need it (too much energy).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
We would be lost without it. Gives them a great way to release energy, great for when we know we will have long work days, awesome for days of vet apps - daycare is about 1mile from work & in town, round trip to home is about an hour. It's also great for when one of us is home sick & we just need rest. Our dogs go two days a week on avg but lately it's been 3-4 days because of how much we've had going on with long work days & needing to go to various appts (Skyler goes to a rehab vet each week, it's an hour away). We pay $32/day for both dogs for full day or $24/half day for both dogs.

Best part of the deal is its like another home for them, they love the staff & makes boarding super easy & without trauma.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I work in one, my dogs are with me every day, I love it, I couldnt have 6 active dogs without it, and its helped Happy and Rusty sooo much, Happy was wonderful for years minus her dog aggression.. I had done a lot of work with her and came a long way, but it wasnt until I start working at the daycare that things dramaticly incresed, she is now fantatic, I can walk her off leash, run into 10 dogs and she wont even look at them nevermind go after them. when I start taking Rusty there was exactly 3 dogs he could be in the same room with without going ballistic, now there is only about 3 dogs he CANT go with, he great with pretty much everyone now, I can through him in a group of 40 dogs and he will be the "good" one lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Biscuit goes about once a week for at least a couple of hours. I don't think daycare is right for all dogs, but it's great for Bisc, who is very sociable and energetic. It's also great to have a place where she can have fun and tire herself out if we go out for dinner and a movie or have people working in the house during the day.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I don't trust the owner/employees of the one available to me. I'll go there for classes, but based on a few things I've seen in class, I don't feel comfortable leaving my dog unattended with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts