Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a minor league baseball game today and get smacked in the face with that announcement. We were disappointed we didn't know ahead of time, otherwise my.boyfriend's dog could have come :(. But spotting all the dog's that did get the memo was totally worth the heat/humidity. And one of the shelters brought several puppies/dogs out for adoption.

I got lots of kisses ;)

As tempting as it was, no ome extra came home with us :( The shelter had a "sleepover" option/policy where a dog or cat can stay with you for three to five days as a test run to make sure everyone/thing ids suitable. Which made it waaay harder to say bye to Captain, but the chocolate lab pup ended up being adopted, so it's alright.

So do y'all like taking advantage of events like this or try to avoid them?

·
Registered
339 Posts
This sounds awesome! I wish there were more dog friendly events where I live... or maybe I just don't know where to find them. I would love to take advantage of events like those, the mental stimulation must be mind-blowing for a dog :D The only thing I would worry about would be dogs going completely bananas because they're overwhelmed with excitement and fun, lol.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
That sounds Awesome!! There is nothing like that around my area. If something like that did come up I would take advantage of it. The first dog fight I seen though I would load up and go. My dog doesn't need ot be involved in one(one of the reasons I avoid dog parks.)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Fun!

I am bringing Jackson to the next one at our local minor league's team dog day!

That sounds Awesome!! There is nothing like that around my area. If something like that did come up I would take advantage of it. The first dog fight I seen though I would load up and go. My dog doesn't need ot be involved in one(one of the reasons I avoid dog parks.)
???

They are all on leash... they can just attend the ball game with their owner. It's not like a dog park.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no, dogs have to be on leash and only well-behaved dogs were allowed in. (Granted that isn't full proof, but it helps.) They also had kiddy pools scattered throughout the park so the dogs could cool off and a designated potty area. And only lapdogs could sit in the stands, but there were still plenty of seats for larger dogs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh no, dogs have to be on leash and only well-behaved dogs were allowed in. (Granted that isn't full proof, but it helps.) They also had kiddy pools scattered throughout the park so the dogs could cool off and a designated potty area. And only lapdogs could sit in the stands, but there were still plenty of seats for larger dogs.
I have to say it again.... so very AWESOME. Who did the set up on the event? Darn it, I wish I was there >.< It sounds so fun.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure to be honest. I went back to the team's site but couldn't find anything. The shelter and park probably coordinated on it, but I think it was primarily put on by the ball park.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Oh okay I thought they were allowed off-leash...my bad I will read more carefully next time.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The Nationals have "pups at the park" a few games a year, all Saturday afternoon games. We went to a game last weekend and it happened to be a dogs-allowed day, although we didn't bring Biscuit. They have a few sections designated for people and their dogs, plus an area with picnic benches and potty areas. Dogs have to stay on-leash in that area - they have volunteer "dog sitters" if the owner wants to go buy a hot dog or something. I think it's a super cute idea and I loved seeing all the dogs in the bleachers, but I don't think I personally want to bring my dog. It seemed a bit overwhelming and maybe a lot of effort (getting the dog to the stadium - no dogs on public transit here - and then navigating through huge crowds of people) when, to be honest, my dog would probably rather be at doggy daycare! Maybe at a minor league game at a smaller, less crowded stadium it would be different, but, sweet as she is, I don't think I feel the need to bring Biscuit to a major league baseball game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts